Best Craps Strategy and How to Win At Craps
It’s no hidden secret that the house always wins in casino games. This is the only way the casino can make enough money to pay their costs including staff, operations and maintenance etc. But in Craps in particular, the house edge can be very high compared to other games. The % of winning at Craps can be improved if you know the best way to play craps.
Some craps bets for instance can have up to a 14% edge. This means if you play craps recklessly in a casino, without learning any craps strategy and how to win at craps, you’ll lose a lot of money in a short space of time.
By reading up our Craps strategy, before you play online craps or live craps, you’ll minimise your losses (and maximise your chance to winning at craps) by sticking to profitable bets with a low house edge. You can avoid the costly bets that only suckers make, and in the long term you’ll increase your expected value from the game. You can also check out the various Craps betting systems which have been published online and used a lot by craps players. So let’s read and learn how to win at craps.
Craps Strategy : Best Craps Bets
The best bets to place, whether you’re just starting out or a seasoned pro, are the Pass Line bet and Don’t Pass Line bets. These bets are similar to Blackjack and roulette in that you basically have a 50/50 chance of doubling up and the house only has a 1.41% advantage.
“Betting Against the Line” means you are betting against the run of play. These odds are actually slightly better than Pass Line bet as the house only has a 1.40% edge. You win by laying the person rolling and hoping that he hits a 7 before his Point. Be careful when placing this bet however, because it tends to mean you are betting against everyone else at the table i.e. when you win they lose.
The second range of optimal betting includes place 6, place 8, buy 4 and buy 10. Buying the 4 and 10 is cheaper than placing them. Just remember that placing the other numbers is cheaper than buying them.
Most players are unaware of this but there are a few bets you can make that have a 0% house advantage. These are the Taking the Odds and Laying the Odds. Unfortunately, you need to have previously placed the minimum bet on Pass Line of Don’t Pass Line to place these, which happens to give the House a marginal advantage overall. Most casinos also limit the amount you can wager on the odds bets. This is related to your Pass Line/Don’t Pass bets e.g. limit of 2-5x.
Take a look at our craps bets guide for in-depth guide about the best craps bets.
We also have to mention that we found some good strategy articles at www.casinosformoney.com for both craps and other casino games.
Worst Craps Bets
Generally speaking, the higher the real odds the larger the House’s mark-up. This means betting on an unlikely event like “Big 6/Big 8” gives the house a massive 9.1% advantage. These are horrible odds for any gambler. Even though the payouts are high I would avoid these hit-and-miss bets.
The worst thing you can do in Craps is make “Big Round”, Hard Way or Field bets. Punters who bet on individual numbers is the big money maker for casinos. The odds can be even worse for Hard numbers like Hard Eight where the real odds of 10:1 are replaced by Casino odds of 9:1. The worst proposition bets give the House a 16% advantage in some casinos. Snake Eyes (1 and 1) is one of the most popular proposition bets but it is also costly. It gives the house a 14% advantage.
When playing craps at casinos, get comfortable with the pass, come, and free odds wagers. The only good wagers are the pass, don’t pass, come, don’t come, free odds, and placing the 6 and 8 wagers. In the beginning, stay with the pass line and a come wager or two (with odds). The house edge is good for pass (1.41%) and don’t pass (1.36%) wagers.
By laying odds, these numbers will be reduced, too. It’s best to ignore all systems when online gambling and playing craps. This game is full of energy and excitement. Just be sure to be familiar with the above wagers before you start playing this popular game. Have fun!
- It is best to make your betting selection(s) or establish a pattern of play and stick to it.
- For those of you who want to play longer and enjoy the action, it is best to stick to the ‘pass/don’t pass’ and ‘come/don’t come’ bets.
- For those of you who wish to ‘hit and run’ and winning is your priority, go for the high-odds bets.
- Raise your betting if you are winning, lower your betting if you are losing.
- You should never quit after a win.
- Last but not least, do not plan to win with every roll of the dice.
If you are the shooter at a craps table, your must make sure that you throw the dice far enough to bounce off of the far or side wall. This is a requirement when shooting craps. By bouncing off of the wall casinos can be sure that the winning numbers are random.
There is a common tendency for gamblers to make predictions. The thing that you should be doing is trying to plan out your bets based upon your previous bets. Let me give you a couple of examples:
Best 5 Craps Strategies
STRATEGY #1: Using Classic Regression
Goal: To earn profit on a single hit.
1) Wait until the shooter establishes a point before placing your bets.
2) Once the point is determined, place $6.00 (two units) on both the 6 and 8 (For a total wager of $12.00).
3) After a single hit, ask the Dealer to go down one unit on both the 6 & 8.
Results: You have earned $2.00 and can no longer be taken by the Seven. You also still have $12.00 working for you. After a second hit, bring down all your wagers and wait for the shooter to roll the point or a 7. When this is achieved, start the process over.
On two hits your total earning is $21.00. You can bring down your wagers after the first hit, earning $14.00. Or, you can keep betting on the 6 & 8. If you choose to continue riding your wagers, make sure both the 6 & 8 are covered.
Behind the Strategy: There are exactly ten different combined ways to create a 6 and 8. There are exactly six combined ways for creating a seven.
Try This Strategy With a huge deposit bonus here: >> Visit Casino Titan << (T&CS Apply 18+)
STRATEGY #2: Putting the ” Three Point Molly” to Use
Goal: To have three numbers working for your advantage at all times.
1) Place a Pass Line wager.
2) Backup your Pass Line wager by placing single or double odds on it.
3) Place a Come Line wager.
4) Backup your Come Bet wager by placing single or double odds on it (Two Come bets maximum).
5) When a Come Bets wins, immediately place another.
6) Repeat this process until the shooter rolls the point or a seven (Seven-Out).
Behind the Strategy: Every Come Bet you place will protect your original Pass Line wager. This will allow you to take advantage of a hot and lucky shooter.
STRATEGY #3: Winning with “Anything But Seven”
Goal: To win with any rolled number besides a seven.
1) Wait until the shooter establishes a point before placing your bets.
2) Once the point is determined, place $6.00 (two units) on the 5, 6 and 8 (For a total wager of $36.00).
3) Place one unit on the Field ($3.00).
Result: If the shooter keeps the dice for at least three rolls, you can earn $15.00-$27.00. If a two or twelve are thrown, you will earn even more. It is advisable to remove all your wagers after three rolls. Since this is a high risk bet with $39.00 invested, it is a safe precaution to do so.
Behind the Strategy: The average shooter rolls the dice 4 to 6 times before throwing a 7.
STRATEGY #4: Playing a “6/8 Play”
Goal: To earn substantial profit on just two hits.
1) Wait until the shooter rolls one more time after making a point.
2) Make a Pass Line or Don’t Pass Line wager.
3) Place $18.00 on both the 6 & 8 for a net wager of $36.00.
4) After a 6 or 8 is rolled, tell the dealer you want $22.00 Inside.
5) On the very next hit, tell the dealer to take down the 5 and 9.
6) Let the shooter throw the dice three more times, and then bring down the 6 & 8.
Results: After the First Hit you will get back $21.00, and $14.00 from the takedown to 22 Inside. Your net exposure after the first hit is $1.00, with $22.00 in your favor. The second hit will make $7.00 plus the return of $10.00, resulting from the 5 and 9 takedown. After two hits you will have earned $16.00 profit, and will still have $12.00 working in your favor. At this time, you can choose to either have the 6 and 8 continue working for you, or, take your $12.00 off the table.
Behind the Strategy: If the shooter has not rolled the point or a 6 or 8 by the fourth roll, you should take down all wagers and wait for another shooter. You can lay down $24.00 instead of $36.00 to begin with if you do not want to risk as much. With a hot and lucky shooter you may want to keep the 5 and 9 up and playing for more than just one throw.
Try This Strategy With a $800 Bonus Now: >> Visit Miami Club Casino << (T&CS Apply 18+)
STRATEGY #5: Using Regressive and Pressing Methods
Goal: Letting your earnings ride after recovering your beginning investment.
1) After the player makes their point, place $18.00 on both the 6 and 8 for a total investment of $36.00.
2) After the first hit, tell the dealer you want $22.00 inside.
3) Remove the 5 and 9 after the second hit has occurred.
4) Immediately place the 5 and 9 back up after the third hit has occurred.
5) After the fourth hit, press the 6 and 8 up to $12.00 each for a total of $24.00.
6) After the fifth hit; return to Step #1 and repeat the process.
Results: After the first hit, you will get back $21.00 and $14.00 from the takedown to 22 inside. Your exposure risk is $1.00. After the second hit has occurred, you will get back $7.00 plus an additional $10.00 by removing the 5 & 9. Your total profit after two hits is exactly $16.00, with $12.00 working for you.
Try This Strategy With a $22 No Deposit Bonus Now: >> Visit SLOTSLV Casino << (T&CS Apply 18+)